Are you looking for how to cut baby hair? My baby’s head turns into a fuzzball about once a month so we have had to cut it often. Cutting baby hair is a little tricky but it helps if you can keep them distracted.
Baby Hair Cutting Tools/Resources
- Baby Bib or no clothes
- Spray bottle for girls
- Bumbo or low back highchair
Steps For How To Cut Baby Hair
- Get everything set up. You want everything ready to go so the last thing you do is start cutting your baby’s hair.
- Buckle your baby.
- Distract your baby. Use toys and if you have another kid to play with them and get the toys that are thrown that helps a ton.
- Start from the back and move your way up to the front. (When hair gets in babies’ eyes they aren’t too happy.)
- Cut as fast as you can. Your time is limited.
- When you are finished cutting bath your baby to get all the pieces of hair out of their face and off their body.
Tips For Cutting Baby Hair
- For our boys, we use clippers. For girls, it’s easier to use scissors unless you want all their hair the same length.
- Make sure your baby is fed, rested and has a clean diaper before you start.
- Get them a toy they love or something totally new to keep their attention.
- Get the bath ready before you start so you can clean your baby right away.
Cutting baby is fun and if you mess up don’t worry their hair will always grow back. Besides you can always blame the baby. 🙂
Please leave any tips that have helped you for how to cut baby hair in the comments below.